Saturday 23 March 2013

Play Spaces: Ladybug Girl's Art Gallery

Art had become such a regular part of our play by the time Ladybug Girl turned three, that I needed to find space for displaying her work.

Back then the only real estate we had left in her room were her closet doors.

I hung up some framed book covers and clipboards for a changeable art display. 

With the closets upgrade project last December, that no longer became option.  I didn't really have a plan, but I freed up more wall space via moving the mirror on the wall to make room for a low play shelf.  That would leave room above for an art gallery.

I'm talking about the space on the right

I repurposed these frames I used to display Ladybug Girl book prints as decor for my Ladybug Girl's birthday celebration last year.


I still loved the clipboard trick, so I just put both ideas together and used what I had on-hand:

I used 3M picture hangers so this was pretty quick to set up


Someday I may get two more clipboards for those empty frames, but I kind of like the clothes-line art display.  Here's what it looks like with a week's worth of art:

It's been a month, and it's working really well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, with good intent!