Saturday 27 April 2013

Neon Experiment Gone Wrong

Help.  I'm stuck.  I thought that bright spots of color would liven up my dark corner project and I picked neon - whyyy.  I blame Pinterest.

Here's the dark corner the last time I left it.

See the horror story start here.

Those chairs were old and rusty, so I didn't feel too nervous about experimenting with them.  



Covered up the wood part.  This took 15 minutes (and then yaya did the other chair).



Then it took another fifteen minutes each to paint the chairs.

My pointer finger was killing me! (Don't buy the 'premium' brand from True Value. I finished a whole can on this chair since the trigger was so tricky.  The cheap spray paint brand from Ace works better.)

I'm getting to the problem now.  At first I was pleased with how it turned out.

Just don't look too closely at the paint job, but not bad for a quick makeover.

But when I step back and look at the whole thing...

There's just something wrong... or missing... or something.

The neon is too... neon.  It feels like I need to add more neon decor just to balance things out.  That's not what I wanted (or have time or money for).  Rookie mistake.

Any ideas out there?  If I'm going to repaint it, it better be the last time!
I'm trying to convince myself that it's growing on me... but no.  Just no.


Follow the next chapter of the dark corner project here.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha I see where you were trying to go there but you're right, the finished product isn't looking too good. This looks like a job for Mrs. Magneatfreak ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like insect legs! Maybe you have to paint the table legs too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing thiis

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, with good intent!